Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the price from town A to town B?
- You can get price lists for all our buses and Office Locations on our website when you visit (www.modern.co.ke/index.php/online/page/prices) on our website under "Check Prices" menu.
- You can also see the current discounts and offers when you visit the link (www.modern.co.ke/index.php/online/page/deals) under "Deals and discounts" menu.
2. How do I book?
There are various ways in which you can book with us online:
i. Using your computer or mobile phone
- On your computer or phone/tablet, visit www.modern.co.ke and select your travel details from the "getting started" section of the homepage and search for available buses.
- Select your preferred available seat(s) on the bus chart that appears and proceed to enter your personal details.
- Select a payment option of your choice (Mpesa, Visa or Mastercard)
- When you select MPESA, you will get an sms notification with the paybill number and account number
- You should make the payment within 15 minutes after receiving the sms. You will receive another sms confirmation of your booking, which also has your ticket number.
ii. Using our android app
- Download and install our android app in the google play store for your android phone.
- Simply search for "Modern Coast EA" in the google play store or you can click on this link: http://bit.ly/1ufjbWw to install directly.
- Follow the above steps (same as step "1" above) to book for your ticket.
3. Do you go to this town?
- We offer services in major towns across East Africa. Discover our locations and route maps when you visit the "Services & Office Locations" menu or by clicking on this link: (www.modern.co.ke/index.php/online/page/network)
- You can as well get more details of each branch by clicking the icon against each town on the map.
4. I want to cancel my ticket, what should I do?
We normally don’t cancel tickets, rather we mark them as open so that you can use it again to travel on any other desired date and time. You can request for your ticket to be opened at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure time. You will need to either visit any of our branches or call customer care on the numbers: +254 705 700 888 or +254 737 940 000. You will make arrangements with customer care on your travel changes. Note that this opened ticket will be valid for 30 days.
5. I have booked online and got my confirmation message, how can I get my ticket?
- When you book online, you get an sms notification with the ticket number. That is all we need from you plus your identity card to travel. You can as well get an e-ticket in your email address when you enteryour email address during your booking (Under customer details).
- You can as well request for a ticket to be printed for you at any of our offices before departure. We will need you to provide your ticket number issued via a text message or email.
6. What is the contact detail(s) of your office?
Contact details of each office can be accessed online when you visit the "Contact us" menu on our website or by simply clicking on this link: (www.modern.co.ke/index.php/online/contact_us). Scroll down below the contact form to get these details. You can also email us directly by filling the form.
7. I am in Uganda/Tanzania and I have no Mpesa or visa card, how do I book online?
- Mpesa has now been launched in Tanzania and you can now book online and pay using the MPESA platform through Vodacom.
- We currently don't have mobile money payment for our services in Uganda. We are working on integrating a mobile money payment for our customers in Uganda. We will notify you once this is in place.